Jim Cox Scholarship Application
In order to apply, nominee must meet the following requirements:
(1) graduating from high school during academic application year;
(2) be a member or son/daughter of a member of the Calumet Region Striders;
(3) be a student in good standing at the high school they are attending;
(4) nominee must complete application in full (including essay); and
(5) you must provide proof of enrollment in college/university for fall of application year to the Youth Program Chair.
ALL APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED BY APRIL 1st. The committee will review the applications and determine amounts and the Board will approve at the April Board meeting.
Please list your name, parents name, address, phone number, and e-mail:
What school do you attend, when is your expected graduation date, and what is your GPA (please note whether it is weighted or not, and what it is out of?
Are you currently, or have you been in the past, a member of the Calumet Region Striders – please list all years?
Are your parents currently, or have they been in the past, members of the Calumet Region Striders – please list all years?
Have you been a Gold Cup Participant and completed the Gold Cup Series? If so please list the years for each?
Have you volunteered with the Striders or the running community, and, if so, please list the events/activities along with the years?
Have your parents volunteered with the Striders and, if so, please list the events/activities along with the years?
What college or university do you plan to attend, when do you intend to start, and what area do you plan to study? Have you been accepted to this institution?
Please include a one page essay explaining, in your own words, your involvement with the Calumet Region Striders and in the running community, and why you are qualified for the Jim Cox Memorial Scholarship Award. Application due April 1st.
Do Not Fill This Out